Sunday, April 15, 2012

Why Blog as a Photographer?

I have always been a fan of reading blogs of other well known photographers as a way to improve my knowledge of the field.  The internet is my greatest source when it comes to photography.  Yes, I own books from the basics to technical lighting.  And yes, I know a few talented photographers that are always willing to help me out, but nothing compares to the power of the internet.  I do a lot of reading of techniques online and as you can imagine or have noticed before, reading how to do things can get a bit complicated, but since I am on the internet I add a tab and google search the technique for other interpretations of it, and then I add another tab and watch it all take place in a youtube video.  Now, if I have read and watched more than 5 articles and videos combined, not only do I have a better understanding of the technique, but I can now bring all the variations of the technique I have learned together and that in return keeps you an original photographer.

I have learned most of what I know about photography from the internet and thought it would be a good time to give back to its wealth of information.  This blog will be used to show my art and explain it by presenting techniques I use both on location and my lap top, review products that I have used before, focus on photographers I have grown to love and tell you what is so inspiring about their work, and to tell you a little about myself both as a person and photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment